#TheScaredBook #BooksOnTour #BlogBlitz #Day4
(For fanning away monster smells!)
What’s the smelliest smell you’ve ever smelt? What did you do when you found the smell? What did your face look like? What kinds of things could you use to take the smell away? Why do you think these monsters left such a yucky smell? Help the book fan it away with your very own paper fan!
Learning Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners.
Learning Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators.
Craft glue (or sticky tape)
Coloured or patterned paper
2 x lollipop sticks
1. Cut a piece of paper 17cm x 6cm.
2. Place a lollipop stick at the end of the paper and fold it over.
3. Use the fold to make a concertina fold (back and forward) all the way across.
4. Glue or sticky tape the two lollipop sticks at either end within a fold.
5. Roll a small amount of blue tak and stick it on the bottom of one lollipop stick, then place the other lollipop stick on top.
6. You can fold the fan in and out.
7. Now fan away those smelly smells!
Download the printable Paper Fan instructions here.
For more craft and educational activities please visit our The Scared Book Pinterest board.
For your chance to WIN a signed copy of The Scared Book comment below or on social media with your response to “What gives you goosebumps, spine tingles or butterflies in your tummy?”. PLUS, for a chance to PITCH and SUBMIT your picture book manuscript direct to publisher Suzanne O’Sullivan at Lothian Children’s Book, add #thescaredpitch to your response!
ALSO! Draw and/or make your own monster to go in the draw to WIN a signed copy of the book PLUS an author visit from Debra Tidball to a Sydney-based classroom of your choice! For more information please head to Debra’s website.
Title: The Scared Book | Author: Debra Tidball | Illustrator: Kim Siew
Publisher: Hachette Lothian Children’s Books
Produced by: © Books On Tour 2017 for Just Write For Kids Australia