#OrisChristmas #BooksOnTour #BlogBlast #BonusDay
How to Make an Underwater Snow Globe
Besides Ori the octopus and his friends in Ori’s Christmas, what other creatures, plants and marine life can be found under the sea? What kinds of Christmas activities did the sea friends enjoy in the story? How do you like to celebrate being with friends and family on Christmas Day?
Create your own underwater themed snow globe representing some of your favourite creatures, activities and decorations. What materials can you find for coral, glittering fish or Christmassy items?
Watch the video tutorial…
Outcomes – for ages 2 – 6 years old.
Learning Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners.
Learning Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators.
Science: Investigate items that float and sink.
Plastic or glass jar with wide lid
Water to fill the jar
Plastic toys and ribbon
Glitter, confetti and other jewels / glitter Pom poms for floating decorations
Sticky tape, blue tak (or hot glue if necessary)
Coloured food dye (optional)
1. Use the sticky tape to stick down the ‘coral’. Attach the creatures and plastic decorative toys in and around the coral with blue tak. If this is not strong enough, consider using a hot glue gun.
2. Fill the jar with water almost to the top.
3. Optional: add one or two drops of food dye.
4. Add your glitter, confetti and craft items to float in the water.
5. Carefully turn the lid and attached toys upside down and close tightly to the top of the jar.
6. Flip your snow globe upright and upside down to loosen the glitter and watch your scene come to life!
For more craft and educational activities please visit our Ori’s Christmas Pinterest board.
And also visit Anne Donnelly’s website for more terrific downloadable worksheets. Click the image.
Ori’s Christmas is available for purchase at the Just Kids’ Lit Shop here.
#OrisChristmas #friendship #picturebook #compromise
Ori’s Christmas Blog Blast Schedule
November 6 – 9
Thursday November 9 – Megan Higginson
Friday November 10 – Brook Tayla
Anne’s Book Tour Schedule in Sydney
It’s Time to Play! Ori’s Christmas #BookGiveaway!
Simply comment with your response to, “Name something Christmassy in the picture.”
For more details please click here.
Subscribe here to stay in the loop.
2 thoughts on “Ori’s Christmas Craft: How to Make an Underwater Snow Globe”
You are just so clever! This is great 🙂
It’s very simple, really! Fun to make and play with! Thanks Debra! 🙂 x